Marine Hotel Peel Isle of Man

About Us

The Marine Hotel, Peel Isle of Man

Located on Peel promenade, opposite the beach, the Marine has views across the bay and harbour. It is a family and children friendly pub. Two lounge bars are situated at the front, and are supplemented by a large restaurant at the rear. The pub has a reputation for giving good value food, with bar snacks being served all day and main meals being served during restaurant opening hours. The restaurant is open from noon until 9pm Monday to Saturday and noon until 6pm on a Sunday. Dogs are welcome in both bars.

Licensee, Mick Hewer, has a commitment to 'real ale' and Cider. With seven hand pumps offering Okells Bitter, a changing Bushy’s beer, and variuos guest beers, there are a further two hand pumps providing locally produced Manx Cider from the Manx Cider Company.

History

The Marine Hotel was previously located between Crown Street and Castle Street. Originally opened as 'The Commercial' in 1824, it was then re-opened in 1841 as the MARINE, under which name it continued until it was destroyed by fire in 1885.

The Marine Hotel, now stands on Peel promenade on reclaimed land, once owned by the Parrs of Ballaugh.

Corris's map of 1784 shows this area of land as 'Mr Parrs Brewery'. This reclamation was however, washed away in a storm in the 1830's, and further development along this area did not continue until the late 19th century.

The current build dates from 1890, and was designed by a Mr W. J. Rennison, and was a modification/rebuild of an existing building, 'Cleveland House', and some adjacent cottages.

The Marine is the only pub on the Island with a 3D decoupage picture of a pub, created by Dennis Jones of 'Mersey Ale'.